Module 1 – Planning for Success
The secret to achieving your goals is to take action and do something about it. Here are some important things you need to do to help you achieve your goals.
1. Think it so ink it.A plan links your goals into action. So make sure you have a written plan of the things you will do to reach your goal. If it’s worth thinking it’s worth inking!
2. Do it now!Start working on your goals straight away and don’t let excuses get in the way. If there is something getting in the way work out what it is and do something to sort it out.
3. First things first.Prioritise your action plan and spend your time doing the things in order of how important they are. Don’t put off doing the things that have to be done today until tomorrow. Do them now!
4. Celebrate.When you have finished one step of your plan, take some time to congratulate yourself – even give yourself a reward, then focus on your next step. Never lose sight of your goals.
5. Keep asking yourself “Why am I doing this?”Make a list of the things that you’ll have and all the positive emotions you’ll feel when you achieve your goal. Read this list often to remind you of why you are doing it at all.