Module 3 – Writing a CV
CV’s – How do I write one?
There are lots of different ways to write a CV and there are no exact right or wrong methods.
You can start with a basic layout and adapt it. Before you send your CV and cover letter to an employer make sure that you have followed the points below:
- Print out the Job advert and highlight the key words and phrases from the advert or make note of them.
- Your CV MUST match the position that you are applying for. Make sure that you use the words and phrasing in the advert.
- Ensure your CV is a preview of you, not your entire life history.
- Ensure sure you control the length of your CV. Anything more than 4 pages is too long and probably will not be read by an employer.
- Ensure that everything matches throughout your CV, headings, body, text and bullet points. Any formatting that is out of sync with the rest will be eye-catching (and not in a good way!)