Module 4 – Application & Cover Letters
Application & Cover Letters
Cover letters are an often overlooked aspect of the job search strategy. They have an important role when you are applying for a job as it is possibly the first thing an employer sees and it may make them decide whether they read your CV.
The employer will be receiving a lot of letters – so make yours stand out (in a good way). Keep in short and to the point – no more than a page. Say what the job is that you are applying for as a reference point.
Guide to what is important:
- Address the letter to the right person
- Write a new letter for each job application
- Check your grammar and spelling
- Type the letter if possible
- Make the presentation tidy
- Don’t copy information which is already in your CV
- Say why you want to work for that business
- Always include your name, and contact details
- Keep a copy.
Attached is a cover letter template.