Module 5 – Job Seeking Skills
Your Action PlanTo find work yourself
- Cold calling employers – create a plan to canvas areas and companies
- Ask family, friends and other personal contacts
- Ask people you have worked with before
- Ask around sports clubs and community groups
- Place an ad in the work wanted
- Ask employment agencies
- Make statements on Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn
Creating an action planThe first step is making a plan as to how you are going to get a job. What method or combination of methods are you going to use?
- Your plan needs to include these things:
- What job/s are you looking for?
- What businesses in your area or that you can travel to have this type of work?
- How are you going to contact them?
- When are you going to contact them?
Keep a record of where you go and who you see. There may not be positions available right now – but there could be in the future.