Module 7 – The Interview
Once you walk through the door assume the interview has begun. Everyone you speak to has the potential to influence the outcome.
- Have another copy of your CV with you
- Turn off your cell phone
- Don’t be too ‘laid back’ but not to ‘cocky’ either.
- Be focussed and ready to pay attention
- Shake hands when introduced
Until they see you in person, until they see you walk and talk, until they can smell and hear you – you are an ‘it’ Body language will tell the interviewer a lot.
- Make eye contact
- Use good posture
- Be confident
- Be honest – people can smell a fake.
- Don’t be defensive