Module 9 – Communication for Change
What does written communication need?
In order for people to understand what you may mean some common principles need to be met. These are:
- Is the message clear? Are the instructions clear? Can they be misinterpreted? Is it ambiguous?
- Makes sense
- Is the spelling correct? Is it in a logical order?
- Concise (brief)
- Are there unnecessary words or topics in the message?
- Are all the details there? Is it in order? Would the recipient know exactly what to do?
- Can it be read? Does it make sense?
- Are there any areas that may be hard to read?